Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Two weeks with the Vostok

Today is exactly two weeks since I got the Vostok. I'm still pretty happy with it. It looks great and it runs reliably without winding. It still runs a little fast, but I adjust it back every few days, so it isn't a problem. I've been reading and many say that they tend to run fast and that you should wait for at least a month to assume full accuracy. If it is not as accurate as you want it, there is a lever on the inside with a +/- indicator. It is a simple matter of moving the lever slightly, then testing. You have to have a watch wrench to do it. I don't have one yet, but they're available on eBay for around $8-9, shipped. Of course, you can take it to a watch repair service, but most have said the cost of this adjustment is more than the watch. If it doesn't correct after another couple of weeks, I might be placing an order and tearing into it myself.

No comments: